Team Epi-Aid for Agencies Requesting Assistance
Do you have an outbreak or other public health emergency on your hands? Need a little extra help? Team Epi-Aid can help by supplying trained, student volunteers to work on projects. To request help from Team Epi-Aid send us an email or call us with the following information:
- Background on the situation
- How many students you need
- When you need them (dates, times - be specific)
- How long you will need assistance for
- What they will be asked to do
- Specific skills you are looking for (e.g., Spanish speaker)
- If students have to drive to your location, if you will be able to reimburse for gas mileage
- If students need to stay overnight, if you will provide lodging
- For activities in the field, if you will provide lunch
- Any other details you think are important
Upon receiving your request for assistance, a UNC CPHP staff person will contact you to confirm your request and clarify any additional details. After interested students have been identified, you will receive an email with their names and contact information. Students will be given all the details of the activity and will arrive at the designated time and place.
After the activity is over, we ask that you fill out a short online survey telling us about your experience with Team Epi-Aid.
Contact Team Epi-Aid:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (best way to reach us quickly)
Please note that while Team Epi-Aid attempts to fulfill every appropriate request, because we are a volunteer-based organization it may not be possible to find volunteers for every activity.