About the Center
The UNC Center for Public Health Preparedness (CPHP) is a program of the North Carolina Institute for Public Health, the service and outreach arm of the University of North Carolina's Gillings School of Global Public Health.
Formerly known as the North Carolina Center for Public Health Preparednes (NCCPHP), the UNC CPHP brings together faculty and staff from the UNC Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Center (PERLC), the North Carolina Preparedness and Emergency Response Research Center (NCPERRC) and projects on pandemic influenza planning, emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, emergency law, public health surveillance, mental health preparedness, and applied epidemiology.
- Our vision is to foster excellence in local and global public health research and education.
- The UNC Center for Public Health Preparedness is dedicated to improving the capacity of public health agencies and their staff through research, educational programs, and technical assistance.
- We apply evidence-based approaches to research, educational programs, and technical assistance.
- We produce the highest-quality products in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- We respond to partner-identified needs and use our expertise to improve public health programs and systems.
- We help public health agencies adopt and incorporate new technologies to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of their programs.
Our Outreach and Partnerships
UNC CPHP actively works to maintain partnerships with national, state, and local public health agencies.
Center staff also participate on the following committees:
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiology Disaster Epidemiology Work Group
- North Carolina Public Health Preparedness and Response Steering Committee
- North Carolina Disaster Epidemiology Workgroup (DEW)
- UNC-Chapel Hill committees including:
- Universityís Safety and Security Committee
- Chancellorís Laboratory Environment Workplace Safety Committee
- Gillings School of Global Public Health All Hazards Preparedness Committee
- Gillings School of Global Public Health Global Learning Program Steering Committee
- Gillings School of Global Public Health Global Health Advisory Committee
- Gillings School of Global Public Health Distance Learning Teaching Guild
- Health Sciences Library NC Health Info Steering Committee
- North Carolina Institute for Public Health Executive Committee
- Distance Online Registration Committee
- Institute for the Environment, Center for Sustainable Design Advisory Board